BICON Swaziland is multidisciplinary Consulting Engineering Firm, which operates in the Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical Management disciplines.
Recently Bicon has been involved with a number of projects within Swaziland (more fully detailed further in the document) .The discipline of Project Management is one which covers many aspects of projects, and includes the design, the management of resources, the managing of other Professionals, of keeping projects on time and within budget. These projects include:-
• International Convention Centre And Five Star Hotel (Design And Contract Supervision Of Civil Works, Structural Works, Infrastructure To Allow For Operations Of New Structure, Including Services (Water, Sewers, Electricity) Co-Ordination)
• Sikhupe airport infrastructure, apron, parking, services etc. This has included the taking of instructions from the Client, interpreting them, managing to translate these into designs, liaising and co-ordination of services, including the provision of site services by others, co-ordination of other design packages, and interlinking of them. (Value of works being controlled E450M, with additional costs for other aspects being co-ordinated).
• Manzini and Mbabane City wide sewer schemes. Including the inclusion of various professionals of many disciplines, during the design phase, and the managing of different contractors and specialists during construction. (Project value E220M)
• Msunduza upgrading (UDP Project) for Swaziland National Housing Board,
• Luyengo-Sicunusa Road (MR4) upgrading (E160M), including three river crossing bridges
• Matsapha Industrial Estate expansion (30 kms of surfaced roads) as well as administering the maintenance contract for the existing roads in the estate.
• Factory Shells - Design and supervision of several new factories and leading the professional team.
• Nhlangano Waste Water Treatment Plant – Covering various disciplines.